Marijuana use can be harmful for anyone. Choose To Be Healthy’s work focuses on preventing youth substance use because it is the proven and effective way to prevent future adult and community problems with substance use disorders, including addiction.
New and Noteworthy
Talking with your kids about non-medical marijuana can help keep them from using.
These key messages can help you get the conversation started:
5 Key Messages about Marijuana and Teens
- IMPAIRMENT: Marijuana use lowers teens’ good judgment and self-control.
- HEALTH: Regular marijuana use in youth affects both in a way that can make problems now and in the future.
- FUTURE SUCCESS: Marijuana use keeps teens from doing their best in school, work, and learning new skills.
- ADDICTION: Teens who use marijuana regularly are at an increased risk for addiction which leads to health and safety risks now and later on.
- HARM: Marijuana is stronger than in the past, affects the developing brain and is still illegal for youth to use.
Visit Good To Know Maine for more information.
For more information, Sally Manninen at 207-351-2655