Choose To Be Healthy is a community health coalition in southern York County, Maine. Coalition members and partners work to create a culture of healthy living by supporting policies and community changes that promote alcohol and drug free living for our youth. Funding comes through grants from the Maine CDC and the federal Drug Free Communities Program from the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy.
CTBH staff, members and partners live and work in the towns of Berwick, Eliot, Kittery, Lebanon, North Berwick, Ogunquit, South Berwick, Wells, and York.
The Choose To Be Healthy Coalition addresses the region’s most pressing health challenges, including youth substance use, through collaboration, community engagement, and evidence based strategies that help create healthy communities.
Choose To Be Healthy promotes community-level support of personal and public health.
Staff and members:
- Develop goals and objectives that support our mission and workplans;
- Implement evidence based health promotion and prevention strategies;
- Provide funders, community and coalition members regular reports on progress;
- Provide members with opportunities to learn, network, and build their capacity to plan, implement and sustain health efforts.
Your Local Community Coalition
Choose To Be Healthy is a community coalition formed in 2001 following the “healthy communities” model that uses community input and assets to address health needs and help our populations most at risk. CTBH funding currently focuses on youth substance abuse prevention. Choose To Be Healthy is made up of staff and community members who represent all sectors of the community:
- Advisory Board
- Project Teams, led by coalition members with staff support these teams reflect on-going and as needed workplan efforts. Current teams include the Regional Law Enforcment Team and the Substance Abuse Action Team.
- Community partners including schools and businesses and individual members including parents and youth
- Lead Agency, York Hospital
- Staff: Substance Use Prevention Coordinator, Sally Manninen; Program Manager, Michelle Mason; and, Project Assistant, Kaytlin Kimball.
Meetings, Minutes, Reports and Resources
- Coalition Meeting Notes October 13, 2016
- Public Health and Prevention, Southern York County (October-2016) and CTBH 2016 Handout
- March Coalition Meeting Minutes
- November Coalition Meeting Minutes
- September Coalition Meeting Minutes and Substance Abuse Prevention Updates Sept. 2015
- Choose To Be Healthy Annual Report, 2015
- Choose To Be Healthy Annual Report, 2014 and Substance Abuse Prevention, 2014
- Choose To Be Healthy Annual Report, 2013
- Choose To Be Healthy Annual Report, 2012