- York District covers York County
- 197,134 people (2010 Census) 199 persons per square mile (2010 Census)
- 29 municipalities (incorporated local governments) including cities and towns
- Community coalitions: Choose to be Healthy Coalition, York (Lead/fiscal: York Hospital),Coastal Healthy Communities Coalition, Biddeford (Lead/fiscal agent: UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine), Partners for Healthier Communities, Sanford (Lead/fiscal: Southern Maine Health Care)
Policy and Advocacy
- You can call or email your legislators to let them know your opinion on the value of public health, health education and prevention by emailing or calling them. Find your local reps and senators on the following lists:
- Your Local Legislators
- The Appropriations Committee
- Health and Human Services Committee
- This link will take you to important public health issues in Maine including the Fund for a Healthy Maine, the tobacco settlement funds that provide Maine with its only public health infrastructure and prevention coalition system.
York County Youth Data
Health and Wellness in Maine
2015 Community Health Needs Assessment
CTBH continued its partnership with York Hospital in 2015 to conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment for Southern York County, gathering both health data and community member input about local health issues. This information was then used to identify priority health issues and to propose and plan activities to address them. Read the Community Health Needs Assessment to find out more!
Adam Hartwig, District Liaison, Maine CDC
DHHS Regional Office, 890 Main Street, Suite 208, Sanford, ME