- York District covers York County
- 197,134 people (2010 Census) 199 persons per square mile (2010 Census)
- 29 municipalities (incorporated local governments) including cities and towns
- Community coalitions: Choose to be Healthy Coalition, York (Lead/fiscal: York Hospital),Coastal Healthy Communities Coalition, Biddeford (Lead/fiscal agent: UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine), Partners for Healthier Communities, Sanford (Lead/fiscal: Southern Maine Health Care).
York County Public Health Profile
- You can view and download the 2019 York County Public Health Profile here. It contains the most current available data on most health issues in Maine. The report is used to determine health priorities, measure successes and needs for improvement in healthcare, education and prevention. It can be invaluable for planning and for helping to raise awareness as well as advocate for public policy and to support grant applications. Reports for other areas in Maine can be found here.
Community Health Needs Assessment, 2018-2019
CTBH continued its partnership with York Hospital in 2018-2019 to conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment for Southern York County, gathering both health data and community member input about local health issues. This information was then used to identify priority health issues and to propose and plan activities to address them. Read the Community Health Needs Assessment to find out more!
York County Youth Data, 2019
Maine’s Opioid Task Force
The Opioid Response Strategic Plan executive summary outlines the work of the Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation and the Future. This plan is intended to direct statewide activities in 2020 and is a direct extension of Executive Order 2 which was signed by Governor Mills on Feb. 6, 2019. The process included numerous prevention, education, treatment and other public health experts as well as the financial support of the Maine Health Access Foundation. Gina Brodsky of CTBH participated in one of the workgroups of the Task Force. More info can be found at the Maine Office of Policy Innovation and the Future.
York District Public Health Council Updates
- February, 2019 Update – Read about MaineCare Expansion under Gov. Janet Mills; Kittery’s Fair Tide organization and its many services; and more. Download PDF file.
Policy and Advocacy
- You can call or email your legislators to let them know your opinion on the value of public health, health education and prevention by emailing or calling them. Find your local reps and senators on the following lists:
- This link will take you to important public health issues in Maine including the Fund for a Healthy Maine, the tobacco settlement funds that provide Maine with its only public health infrastructure and prevention coalition system.
Adam Hartwig, District Liaison, Maine CDC
DHHS Regional Office, 890 Main Street, Suite 208, Sanford, ME